Re: mailcap problems

in message <20040812141527.GA2121@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, wrote Jessica Perry
Hekman thusly...

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 10:05:35PM +0930, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:
> > Try the following:
> >
> > image/jpeg; eog %s; test=test -n "$DISPLAY";
>
> Done -- I get the same error message. Is there a way to find out
> what file it's reading -- to make sure it is actually seeing these
> entries?

I did not see anything in Mutt manual(.txt), something like Vim's
"verbose" variable, that can be set to see what mutt is doing.
(Correct me if i am wrong.)

Other way(s) would be to use some tracing programs...

  - strace: trace system calls
  - truss(1): trace system calls (at least on FreeBSD),
  - ktrace(1) & kdump(1): kernel process tracing & parsing (at least
    on FreeBSD)

...to see which files & system calls are being accessed & read, and
called complete w/ error messages that just flash by in mutt if not
paying attention.  See respective man pages for usage.

  - Parv