Re: Using user as distribution list

* "Lerebours, Jose" <Jose.Lerebours@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-08-10 13:53 -0500]:
> Well, for reasons beyond my understanding, using set_file would not
> work.  I then chose to use source=/usr/local/lib/MuttAliases and
> it works just fine.

Just search the manual for alias_file and get:
       the file specified by the $alias_file (section 6.3.3  , page 60)
variable for
       future use. Note: Specifying an $alias_file (section 6.3.3  , page 60)
does not
       add the aliases specified there-in, you must also source (section 3.25
, page
       29) the file.
[...]
       On the other hand, the create-alias (section 2.3.4  , page 7) function
can use
       only one file, the one pointed to by the $alias_file (section 6.3.3  ,
page 60)
       variable (which is ~/.muttrc by default). This file is not special
either, in
       the sense that Mutt will happily append aliases to any file, but in
order for
       the new aliases to take effect you need to explicitly source (section
3.25  ,
       page 29) this file too.

       For example:

            source /usr/local/share/Mutt.aliases
            source ~/.mail_aliases
            set alias_file=~/.mail_aliases
[...]
       6.3.3  alias_file

       Type: path

       Default: '~/.muttrc'

       The default file in which to save aliases created by the ``create-alias
(sec-
       tion 2.3.4  , page 7)'' function.

       Note: Mutt will not automatically source this file; you must explicitly
use the
       ``source (section 3.25  , page 29)'' command for it to be executed.

So perhaps a little bit of reading would help your understanding.

Nicolas