Using folder-hook to set screen-title in xterm or screen

Hello,

I want to change the title of my xterm or (more importantly) the title
of a "screen" window whenever I change my folder. How can I do this?

So I want to do something like this:

folder-hook .            exec shell-escape "echo -e \ek$-\e\\"

The idea is to tell folder-hook to echo the current folder name embedded
in an escape sequence to the terminal. Can this be done by
    a) using some mutt-internal "echo" command?
    b) calling an external "echo" command?

Also, how can I specify the current folder to that command?

--
Olaf Dabrunz (od/odabrunz), SUSE Linux AG, Nürnberg