Re: mutt -e question

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 04:23:02AM EDT, Andre Bonhote wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 09:39:47AM +0200, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> Still, my approach would be ok. In the meantime I found that my ';' had
> to be replaced by <tag-prefix>.

That's not strictly true.  It's just that ';' ends a command (in your
case, the push command), so Mutt was looking at "|bogofilter" and
wondering "what command is THAT?"  You can keep Mutt happy by escaping
the semicolon (\;), or by quoting the entire argument to push ... or by
replacing the semicolon with the actual command (as you did), which is
safer, anyway (since it works even in funky RC configs) :-)

> This works fine with commands like
> <copy-message>, but not with <pipe-message>. Now my line looks like
> this:
>
> mutt \
>   -e 'push l.\nT.\n<tag-prefix><pipe-message>"bogofilter -sv"' \
>   -f Mail/SPAM
>
> What's wrong?

I dunno ;-P

We already know what doesn't happen when you do that, but what _does_
happen?

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel