Re: automaticly retrieving mails

* On Sun, May 30, 2004 Theo Vermeulen (theo@xxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> This is probably a newbie question, but I have a problem concerning
> pop ...
>
> but the problem is that it only works with pop3 ... I never used it
> before, but I managed to set pop_host pop_user and pop_pass already,

I would suggest the use of fetchmail or the like.

> but I was wondering if there was an option to automaticly retrieve the
> emails everytime I start mutt ..

fetchmail in daemon mode. Or - if you pay internet access by time - a
wrapper skript around mutt that calls fetchmail first and then fires off
mutt. Combined with a macro to call fetchmail from within mutt.

HTH,

Michael
--
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free.
        -- Linus Torvalds

PGP-Key: http://www-stud.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~tatgeml/public.key