Re: automaticly retrieving mails

* Patrick Shanahan <WideGlide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-05-30 19:13]:
>  * Theo Vermeulen <theo@xxxxxxxxx> [05-30-04 17:01]:
>  >
>  > My current mail-server, where I can connect to using ssh, and reading
>  > the mails on the machine itself, is shutting down soon, and I have
>  > another address ready, but the problem is that it only works with pop3
>  > ... I never used it before, but I managed to set pop_host pop_user and
>  > pop_pass already, but I was wondering if there was an option to
>  > automaticly retrieve the emails everytime I start mutt ..
>
>  Then use mutt to *read* mail, which *was/is* it's intended purpose and
>  lookinto fetchmail to retrieve your mail.  Fetchmail can get mail from
>  apop/pop?/iamp and is easily configured.  Then utilize procmail to
>  deliver/sort to specific mailboxes/folders.

yeah, true .. but now you're evading my question a bit ...

But I tried to use fetchmail, but I couldn't get it set up correctly
... are there some (online) pointers on how to use it correctly,
without it searching for smtp-connections that always fail, and not
doing anything with the --protocol POP3 option I gave?
if so, please give a link

Thanks

Theo Vermeulen

--