Re: [un]alternates not quite working

Charles Cazabon <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ugh.  Thanks for clarifying; I thought the alternates/unalternates
> functionality was more like:
>
>   IF address matches an RE from the alternates command,
>   AND it does not match any RE from the unalternates command,
>   THEN the address refers to "me".
>
> > If you want to exclude stuff, you'll need to explicitely exclude the gunk in
> > your alternates statement using regex syntax.
>
> Okay.  "Match everything but these strings" is one of the uglier things to do
> with an RE, which is why I thought unalternates would work the way I read the
> documentation -- it would be more usable, in fact.  Maybe I should file a
> request on mutt-dev.

I created a patch against mutt-cvs to implement this feature.  It works for
me; I sent it to mutt-dev and haven't heard anything since.  If anyone else
wants this patch, you can find the message in the archives here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mutt-dev&m=108558865804202&w=2

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:     http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/