Re: How can I tell which message is selected in the index?

On Thu, 27 May 2004 02:47:48 +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:

>* On Wed, May 26, 2004 Larry Alkoff (labradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
>> When I'm in the index, is there any way to tell which message will be
>> read when I press space?  I expected some kind of highlight line to
>> show me which message will be read.
>
>You don't see a hilight? Did you set arrow_cursor maybe, or does
>setting arrow_cursor help?

I did not see a highlight but Stephen Allen told me to use
color highlight
and now I see the selected message and can use the arrow keys and j,k,etc.
I'm very new to Mutt but am making progress.

>> My Mutt index has a status line at the bottom and a line with some
>> commands at the top, but in between the only thing that appears is a
>> line for each message with no indication of which message is selected.
>
>Do you have other color problems? Do you use ncurses or slang?
>
>> I also expected some way to move through the index to select
>> individual messages but can't seem to find that in the help.  Using J
>> and H only work in the pager.
>
>Read the manual. It's cursor keys or j,k/J,K to move one line up resp.
>down.

I've done plenty of RTFMing.  The key was using color highlight
to _see_ the selected line in the first place.
Problem I'm unfamiliar enough with Mutt so I don't know what to look for.

Thanks for helping.

Larry

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX