Re: How can I tell which message is selected in the index?

* On Wed, May 26, 2004 Larry Alkoff (labradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> When I'm in the index, is there any way to tell which message will be
> read when I press space?  I expected some kind of highlight line to
> show me which message will be read.

You don't see a hilight? Did you set arrow_cursor maybe, or does
setting arrow_cursor help?

> My Mutt index has a status line at the bottom and a line with some
> commands at the top, but in between the only thing that appears is a
> line for each message with no indication of which message is selected.

Do you have other color problems? Do you use ncurses or slang?

> I also expected some way to move through the index to select
> individual messages but can't seem to find that in the help.  Using J
> and H only work in the pager.

Read the manual. It's cursor keys or j,k/J,K to move one line up resp.
down.

HTH,

Michael
--
BOFH excuse #359:

YOU HAVE AN I/O ERROR -> Incompetent Operator error

PGP-Key: http://www-stud.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~tatgeml/public.key