Re: subfolders under $folder

G'day Nikos,

* Nikos Frangakis <nikos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [040426 17:57]:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 05:25:00PM +0100, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> > So different people in different directories?
> >
> >   fcc-save-hook  ~A      +default/%O
> >   fcc-save-hook  alice   +default/alice/%O
> >   fcc-save-hook  bob     +default/bob/%O
> >
> I was thinking that kind of solution as my last option, because
> maintaining such a list for 150 (or more) senders in .muttrc will
> be difficult.

Yes, I can see that.  Write a script maybe?

> Is there not an automated way? like save_name
>
> save_name searches for mailboxes in the $folder directory. It would
> be nice if save_name also searched for mailboxes in subfolders under
> the $folder directory.

Definitely _not_ by default, but as an option I can see your point.
Did you think about writing a patch?  ;-)

It all depends on how you want to sort mail into these subfolders.  If
you are sorting on something in the email address (i.e. all people
from .com go in one folder, and all .gr go in another) then you can
use regexps to solve your problem.  If it is somewhat arbitrary then I
guess you will need to do something requiring a bit more hands-on...

Cheers,

S.