Re: Signature formatting

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:32:52PM EST, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:44:26AM -0500 I heard the voice of
> David Yitzchak Cohen, and lo! it spake thus:

> > There's nothing stopping you from ":r"ing to override your mail client's
> > assumption no matter what, but that's no reason to shy away from allowing
> > your client to guess correctly all by itself as often as possible.
>
> See?  That's the fun; my mail client can't do an analysis of the
> content of my message, and choose an appropriate ironic and snarky
> .sig   8-}

Your mail client _can_ make an intelligent guess, though, at least at
part of your signature area (and can even suggest signatures by looking
for keywords in your message).  (If you're writing for a Hebrew list,
for instance, it'd be silly to include your info in English, no?)
Those of us with a 100% static signature can go one step further and
have our mail client pick the entire signature fully automatically.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel