Re: gpg

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:50:57PM +0000 or thereabouts, Stewart V. Wright
wrote:
> G'day Stephen,

'Afternoon. :)

> * Stephen Allen <kru_tch@xxxxxxxx> [040301 14:39]:
> > So, I'm making progress. I'll eventually get this working. I can read
> > other peoples gpg-sigs now in mutt. Next, I wish to get my ability to sign
> > using my various keys, recognized in mutt.

OK I added the following to my muttrc and it know works:

        set pgp_autosign = yes
        set pgp_sign_as = "F8A48DF1"

> OK, let me ask some silly questions and see if we can get somewhere...
>
> 1) Can you sign / encrypt with GPG on the command line?  (i.e. No
>    mutt, just gpg)

Yes.

> 2) Are you are using the gpg.rc that comes with mutt?

Yes.

> 3) Have you used the pgp_sign_as variable in mutt?  For example I sign
>    with my 0x35DB7472 (sub)key so I have the following in my .muttrc
>  set pgp_sign_as="0x35DB7472!"

I'm using signing with a default key now. But it's not in the format you have
above,
but more along the line of 'F8A48DF1'. Is that significant?

What is the subkey, as opposed to the line above it when one issues the
--list-keys command?

Oh yeah, how do I get mutt to show my other keys, so I can sign
according to my send-hook? I can't seem to find anything that specifies
how one does this.

Thanks for the assistance.

--
Stephen