mutt issues with dovecot mboxes

Hello,

I briefly used the imap server dovecot for a while while using firefox
in windows to check\send mail, and after a while I got sick of it being
so stupid I decided to run mutt again, only now dovecot seems to have
done something stupid to my =Inbox and =Spam mboxes (I assume its
dovecot), and whenever I exit either of these mboxes and change to
another mutt reports I have new mail in them, although when I change
back to them mutt tells me they are unchanged, and there is no new mail
in sight. Can anybody shed some light on what happenened, if its a
problem with my mutt configuration or if I need to do something to the
mboxes to cleanse them of whatever is wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Foote

| Paul Foote <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx> |
| MOB: +61431119996             |