Re: send-hook upon preceding To:

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 06:49:55AM EST, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
>   On Feb 21 at 19:34, David Yitzchak Cohen spoke:
> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 02:28:36PM EST, Hanspeter Roth wrote:

> > > system. But I have installed 1.5.6i on one system now.
> >
> > The default version is often not a very good choice.  Mutt isn't the
> > only example, but it's one of the most interesting ones I've come across.
>
> I'm not looking for the 'best' version, just for one which supports
> specific features (such as reply-hook).

> > Whoops ... sorry for forgetting to wrap that one :-(
>
> I thought you are using Outlook 1.5.6i? :-)
> My .vimrc contains:
>       autocmd BufRead mutt-* source ~/.vimmail
> and the ~/.vimmail contains:
>       set textwidth=68

$ cat ~/.exrc
" Get that nifty effect where prototypes are automatically shown:
set smartargs

" Estos son m�s naturales que teclando "^K?~" o "^K!~":
digraph ?? ¿
digraph !! ¡

" Elvis doesn't expand capitalized versions por defecto:
abbr pq why
abbr Pq Why

As you can tell, I'm a configuration minimalist (although elvis also
supports autowrapping).  Don't worry, though: I'm working on an editor
script for Mutt that'll take care of long lines, forgotten URLs, forgotten
attachments, etc.

> > > Ok. I have entered a reply-hook:
> > >
> > > reply-hook '~C hampi@xxxxxxxxxxxx' \
> > >   'my_hdr From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; \
> > >    color status  magenta yellow'
> > >
> > > Just it doesn't work as expected.
> > > The default my_hdr From: gets applied.
> > > Is there a certain sequence required?
> >
> > Do you have send-hooks or reply-hooks at some point after that one?
>
> No.

Hmm :-(

> > If you're not sure, just post your RC file here in its entirety, and
> > somebody will probably pick through it to find the problem.
>
> Ok. I append a somewhat stripped version which behaves the same as
> of the reply-hooks.

No, you don't ;-P

...although you realized your mistake before I did, so no fun :-(

> It seems that the send-hook '~t .' takes effect.

I'll reply to the other mail in a sec ;-)

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel