Re: send-hook upon preceding To:

  On Feb 21 at 19:34, David Yitzchak Cohen spoke:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 02:28:36PM EST, Hanspeter Roth wrote:

> > system. But I have installed 1.5.6i on one system now.
>
> The default version is often not a very good choice.  Mutt isn't the
> only example, but it's one of the most interesting ones I've come across.

I'm not looking for the 'best' version, just for one which supports
specific features (such as reply-hook).

> > > Well, one of those extra features (added little bonus, eh?) is the
> > > reply-hook.  I wish I could point you to an online version of the manual
> > > in plain text or HTML, but since no such thing exists AFAIK, the best I
> > > can manage is to provide you with a link to the SGML manual [1] of mine
> > > [2].  (I guess a pager like w3m or less is probably your best bet for
> > > reading the thing.  I use w3m, FWIW.)
>
> Whoops ... sorry for forgetting to wrap that one :-(

I thought you are using Outlook 1.5.6i? :-)
My .vimrc contains:
        autocmd BufRead mutt-* source ~/.vimmail
and the ~/.vimmail contains:
        set textwidth=68

> > Ok. I have entered a reply-hook:
> >
> > reply-hook '~C hampi@xxxxxxxxxxxx' \
> >     'my_hdr From: Hanspeter Roth <hampi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; \
> >      color status  magenta yellow'
> >
> > Just it doesn't work as expected.
> > The default my_hdr From: gets applied.
> > Is there a certain sequence required?
>
> Do you have send-hooks or reply-hooks at some point after that one?

No.
[...]

> If you're not sure, just post your RC file here in its entirety, and
> somebody will probably pick through it to find the problem.

Ok. I append a somewhat stripped version which behaves the same as
of the reply-hooks.
It seems that the send-hook '~t .' takes effect.

-Hanspeter