Re: send-hook upon preceding To:

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 06:08:25PM EST, Hanspeter Roth wrote:

> I'm using mutt 1.4.1i.

That's bad.  You should be on at least 1.5.6i, preferably on a recent CVS.
(I know this may sound funny, but in most ways the CVS HEAD is far more
stable than 1.4.2.1i.  It also has many more features, as an added little
bonus. . .)

> Is there send-hook pattern that is matched against the To: and/or
> the Cc: of the preceding message when responding?

Yes :-)

> If not in 1.4.1i is something available in a more recent version?

Well, one of those extra features (added little bonus, eh?) is the reply-hook.
I wish I could point you to an online version of the manual in plain text or
HTML, but since no such thing exists AFAIK, the best I can manage is to provide
you with a link to the SGML manual [1] of mine [2].  (I guess a pager like w3m
or less is probably your best bet for reading the thing.  I use w3m, FWIW.)

 - Dave [who finds it ridiculus that the stabler version has no online manual]

[1]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/download/from_cvs/mutt/doc/manual.sgml

[2]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/download/from_cvs/mutt/