Re: no color when composing email in 1.5.6

in message <20040227213456.GB52058@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
wrote Mark Frank thusly...

> * On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 01:16:14PM -0800 Rob Reid wrote:
> > At 12:56 PM PST on February 27 Mark Frank sent off:
> > > I was running 1.5.5.1i ...  I am now on 1.5.6i
> >
> > Was color composing working for you before upgrading mutt?  It
> > shouldn't make a difference.
>
> Yes, it was.  That why I mentioned the upgrade.
>
> > > The only issue I'm having is when I compose a message I have
> > > no coloring at all - just my default green on black.
> >
> > Better sit down - coloring inside your editor is your editor's
> > job, not mutt's.  You'll need to find out how to get your editor
> > to highlight mail messages.
>
> Really?  Then how did vim previously know I wanted signatures to
> be magenta on black rather than say, yellow on black?

The temporary file name pattern the mutt used to have before has
changed on which Vim reled (to source appropriate syntax file).  The
mutt-temporary-file-name-pattern needs to be updated to enable
sourcing of syntax file again.  Problem is not of mutt but of Vim.

Above is culled from quite recent discussion about the issue on one
of freebsd lists.

  - Parv