Re: no color when composing email in 1.5.6

* On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 01:16:14PM -0800 Rob Reid wrote:
> At 12:56 PM PST on February 27 Mark Frank sent off:
> > I was running 1.5.5.1i on FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE and after a buildworld and
> > portupgrade, I am now on 1.5.6i on 5.2.1-RELEASE.
>
> Was color composing working for you before upgrading mutt?  It shouldn't make
> a difference.

Yes, it was.  That why I mentioned the upgrade.

> > The only issue I'm having is when I compose a message I have no coloring
> > at all - just my default green on black.  All coloring in the pager,
> > index etc works just fine and I've not changed my muttrc at all (except
>
> Better sit down - coloring inside your editor is your editor's job, not
> mutt's.
> You'll need to find out how to get your editor to highlight mail messages.

Really?  Then how did vim previously know I wanted signatures to be magenta on
black rather than say, yellow on black?  The only place that color was
mentioned
was in a file sourced by my ~/.mutt/muttrc:

    color signature  magenta        black # signature

I'd tried several invocations of .vimrc with and without syntax highlighting
before
(maybe incorrectly) that mutt controlled the coloring.

--
Mark Frank
Director of Technical Services - eDoxs Corp.