Re: Special need of key rebinding

DervishD <raul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Yes, I believe you can remap the list-reply function to the 'r' key
> > for just that mail folder, using a folder-hook.
>
>     I didn't mention, sorry, but all mail is in the same folder O:)

Well, fix that.  Use maildrop or procmail or whatever else to sort your list
mail into separate folders.  It takes two minutes and buys you more
efficiency.

> > > The solution is to get a correct Reply-To,
> > No, Reply-To: is not intended for this.
>
> Why it is intended, then? I've used this as a mean to set the appropriate
> reply address for messages sent to this list, so when people answers such a
> message, they reply to the list address :?  Obviously I was wrong.

me, use this address instead of the one in my From: header".  There's various
reasons for it.

and can contain multiple addresses, so it can be used to /automatically/ say
"please cc: me on list replies, because I'm not a subscriber" or "please reply
only to the list, because I'm a list member and don't want extra copies of
list messages".

>     The fact is that when I receive a message from somebody on that
> list who sets up its Reply-To: and I hit 'r' (group-reply), the reply
> correctly goes to the list address

See http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html and
http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html ; this is a really old topic.

Charles