Re: annoying headers (was:your subject-less mail)

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 02:05:32AM -0500 or thereabouts, David Yitzchak Cohen
wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 08:23:00PM EST, Stephen wrote:

<cut>

> Another option would be to watch my default_headers file [1] and
> automatically block everything there when reading my mail.
>
> > Seriously, I wish you would consider cutting them out. It's a pain to
> > read your posts, with the superfluous header info . You don't think people
> > are actually reading them do you?
>
> Think of it this way: my posts serve as a wakeup call to those who haven't
> yet decided to learn how to use Mutt properly.  They must learn to either
> ignore me, or to filter out my headers.  Much good comes from the latter,
> and the former can't hurt.

I realize of course, that one can filter out the headers, I'm just
wondering why someone should have to clutter up their muttrc, simply for
one person... <shrug>. If your goal is to convey a message in those
headers, then I think, realistically, that has failed. Good thing you're
not in advertising. ;)

Anyway no biggie. I don't wish to filter you out Dave -- you do have
pearls of wisdom. :)

--
Men are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their capacity for
experience. (James Boswell, Life of Samuel Johnson, 1791)