Re: More questions about trying to use mutt with ssmtp

2004-02-02T10:22:50 Chris Green:
> Now I guess this is because ssmtp is failing for some reason, I can
> call it from the command line though and it does do vaguely sensible
> things when I do that.  How can I get more feedback from mutt/ssmtp to
> try and see what's wrong?

A trick I break out at times like this is a wrapper.

Instead of

        set sendmail=/proj/chris/sbin/ssmtp

I'd use

        set sendmail=/home/chris/bin/ssmtp-wrapper

and /home/chris/bin/ssmtp-wrapper would look like

        #!/bin/sh
        tmp=/tmp/`basename $0`.$$.wrapper-log
        echo ' -- commandline --' >$tmp
        echo -- $0 "$@"          >>$tmp