More questions about trying to use mutt with ssmtp

OK, I've resolved the initial question of why mutt wasn't telling me
that I'd given it a non-existent program in 'set sendmail=xxxxx'.

However having now fixed 'set sendmail=' so it's correct I'm still
getting "Error sending message, child exited 127 (Exec error.).".

Now I guess this is because ssmtp is failing for some reason, I can
call it from the command line though and it does do vaguely sensible
things when I do that.  How can I get more feedback from mutt/ssmtp to
try and see what's wrong?

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)