Re: burst digests?

Stephen --

...and then Stephen said...
%
% I know that procmail can burst digests, (and I might have to use that

Do you mean turn a digest of "messages" back into a bunch of emails?

Generally this can't really be done because waaaaaay too little data from
the original email is in the digest.  You could fake it by making up a
lot of stuff, and procmail may do that with the help of formail, but in
general I don't think you're actually getting anything like the
originals.

If the digest is merely a forward of the actual emails, perhaps with some
introductory preamble, then each would be an rfc822 attachment and you
could simply save the attachments off somewhere (like perhaps into a
maildir spool) and there you are.  But that's only if they're real
messages that are attached to an email instead of the sad shadows that
they have been in my experience.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.