Re: burst digests?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 10:10:12PM -0500 or thereabouts, David T-G wrote:
> Stephen --

David,

> % I know that procmail can burst digests, (and I might have to use that
>
> Do you mean turn a digest of "messages" back into a bunch of emails?

Yep.

> Generally this can't really be done because waaaaaay too little data from
> the original email is in the digest.  You could fake it by making up a
> lot of stuff, and procmail may do that with the help of formail, but in
> general I don't think you're actually getting anything like the
> originals.

As long as the relevant return info, and correct subject is kept, that's
OK. I only want to burst individual messages, that I'm responding/replying to.
That's why I'm hoping for a mutt solution, as opposed to formail/procmail one.

> If the digest is merely a forward of the actual emails, perhaps with some
> introductory preamble, then each would be an rfc822 attachment and you
> could simply save the attachments off somewhere (like perhaps into a
> maildir spool) and there you are.  But that's only if they're real
> messages that are attached to an email instead of the sad shadows that
> they have been in my experience.

I'm afraid you're most likely correct. In this case the digest is from
Yahoo Groups. ;)

Thanks.

--
Stephen
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the