Re: Reply-To header problem

Re: David Yitzchak Cohen in <20040119091012.GR16674@xxxxxxx>
> > Still, when I reply to that list, the address to which the mail was
> > delivered is not used payal at staticky. com is used.
>
> AFAIK, Mutt has no way of detecting what address a list email was
> delivered to.  You need to set your "From:" address by some other method,
> to the best of my knowledge.

More verbose, reverse_name and friends work only if the message is "To:"
you (or "Cc:"). Mutt can't look at every header that your MTA could use
to indicate which address message went to (Delivered-To, grepping
Received... - the former seems to be used by qmail, postfix and/or
mailman).

It might be worthwile though to update the documentation to be more
precise about what mutt does with $alternates.

Christoph
--
Christoph Berg <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, http://www.df7cb.de/
Wohnheim D, 2405, Universität des Saarlandes, 0681/9657944