Re: charset fixing at display time

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 05:27:56PM -0200 or thereabouts, Carlos Laviola wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 05:55:09PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

[...]

> > Is there a better way?
>
> You should be using en_US as your locale.  If by running 'locale' (the
> actual command) either LANG and/or LC_ALL are set to 'C' or 'POSIX',
> you're not going to see any accents on mutt.
>
> On Debian, you should dpkg-reconfigure locales, tell it to generate
> en_US (or en_GB, or whatever) and use it.  Or wrestle with en_US.UTF-8
> like me, but it's hell on earth these days...

Hi Carlos:

Excuse me "butting" in, but I had an issue with my Locales as well. I
followed your advice above, (had to install the components to do this)
and after reconfiguring, I'm still shown the following:

        Generating locales...
             en_CA.ISO-8859-1... done
             en_GB.ISO-8859-1... done
             en_US.ISO-8859-1... done