Re: [TOT] Screen Grabbing?

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 07:00:05AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> ...and then David Yitzchak Cohen said...
> % On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 08:58:40PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> % > ...and then David Yitzchak Cohen said...

> % > % Now, I have.  Not only are colors lost, but even the status bar and
> % >
> % > That certainly surprises me...
> %
> % Wait, in your setup the colors stay?  If so, I'll dig through the manual
> % with a fine-tooth comb for some attribute setting, and see what I should
> % set it to.
>
> I never said that.  I don't use color :-)

Oh, bummer :-(

> % > % taskbar are lost.  (Only the workspace taskbar stays.)
> % >
> % > Did you hardcopy from the outermost screen, of course?
> %
> % Yeah, when I hardcopy from the inner screen, its own taskbar (i.e.,
> % the workspace taskbar) is lost, as well.
>
> Ah, well.

Okay, I decided to spend several hours hanging around google.  Here's a
non-color version I found:
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/source/snapscreenshot.html

However, I also bumped into twin, which has a built-in Linux terminal
emulator.  I set twin up, attached to my screen session from within it,
and took a snapshot (using:
import -window root -display :0 myfile01.pcx
followed by:
convert myfile01.pcx myfile01.png
gleaned from:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/scrshot.htm