A Laundry-List of Issues

Mutt 1.4i (2002-05-29):

I have recently been trying to use Mutt from home to remotely read
my mail.  I have a list of bugs/issues/whatever that I have run into
recently.  None are fatal.  I would appreciate if people could let
me know which of these are misunderstandings on my part, so I can
report the rest as bugs and not waste the developers' time.

Issue 1:

    "unmy_hdr" does not seem to always function correctly.  Neither of:

        unmy_hdr Bcc:
        unmy_hdr bcc

    make the "Bcc:" not appear in outgoing mail messages when $edit_headers
    is set.

Issue 2:

    My email is at "domain.com", and has the login name "user+domain.com".
    When I use:

        account-hook imap://domain.com/ 'set imap_user=user+domain.com
imap_pass=password'
        mutt -f imap://domain.com/

    then Mutt functions perfectly.  The problem is that I have two accounts
    at domain.com.  When I tried:

        account-hook imap://user+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/ 'set
imap_user=user+domain.com imap_pass=password'
        mutt -f imap://user+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/

    then I was still asked for a password.  The version:

        account-hook imap://user+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/ 'set imap_pass=password'
        mutt -f imap://user+domain.com@xxxxxxxxxx/

    is unable to log in.

Issue 3:

    In the IMAP multiple-account section of the manual, there should be an
    example for user@host.

Issue 4:

    In the manual, it isn't clearly written what "allow8bit" does.  Which is
    yes and which is no?

Issue 5:

    Mutt needs to flush the GPG/PGP passphrase if it is entered wrong.
Otherwise
    it doesn't prompt again, and mutt has to be restarted to send signed mail.

Issue 6:

    Setting "reverse_name" does not appear to function.  I have multiple email
    addresses forwarded to one inbox, ans when I reply, I want the previous
    "To:" address to be my new "From" address.  Even though I have set
    "reverse_name", I am not seeing this behaviour.  Perhaps the manual needs
    to document just what "reverse_name" is using to find the address.

Issue 7:

    Mutt appears to lack an environment variable MUTTRC for the location of
    the mutt initialization file.

Issue 8:

    If PGPPATH is not set, Mutt should check GNUPGHOME.  Or does it need to?
    The manual should address this.

Issue 9:

    IMAP does not give the sizes before download.  This is a problem for very
    large files.  Is this an IMAP problem or a Mutt problem?

Issue 10:

    IMAP does not notify of new mail.  No recheck, for some reason.  I have to
    close and reopen the connection to see new mail.

Issue 11:

    The mutt.org bug reporting system should list most-recent bugs first, not
    last.

That's the list.

Brian

--
Brian M. Sutin       Skewray Research     (626) 744 - 5339
880 Worcester Ave      Pasadena, CA              91104 USA