Re: vi/vim/elvis/* (was "Re: Strip SIG on reply")

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 03:13:22PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > > well, that's available - except that the original vi wouldn't compile on
> > > anything recent, and the people who are interested in that have of course
> > > made some fixes to get it to run, as well as update it.
> >
> > ...and where might their work be available?
>
> http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Applications/Ritter_Vi/

No kidding ... that's rather cool :-)

Here's another interesting tidbit I learned there: there is no such
thing as the original AT&T VI.  The original VI was developed at UCB.
In other words, AT&T's version had to have come later.  That throws a
monkeywrench into the whole discussion we were having before ... hmm ... I
guess I have no choice but to compile this one and see how it behaves. . .

Thanks again,
 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel