way to prefix default save file (sender's name) with a directory

Say I have 10 people in my department and I want to save their mails all in
the same directory, but each with the sender's name (part of address before
'@').  Do I have to make a save-hook for each and every one of them, e.g.,
``save-hook bob@xxxxxxx ~/dept/bob''?  Or is there some way I could do
``save-hook (bob|dave|ed)@dept.jp ~/dept/[Symbol Meaning Sender's Name]''?

Right now what I do is use a save-hook for the most frequent correspondents,
and fill in their names manually; and do nothing for the others, and manually
prefix the desired directory to their names (replace the '=' with '~/dept/').

I once asked about a similar case and was recommended to "reset $folder to
this list folder rather than your real folder, using some hooks", but I never
could figure out how to do that.  I'd need a little more specific instruction
if this is the only way to do it.  TIA

henry