Re: Howto override the print key?

* On 2003.12.13, in <20031214035847.GA8076@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Tom" <31210.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please reply to me; I'm not on the list.
>
> I just accidentally leaned on the "p" key and wasted a couple sheets of
> paper.  How can I override the "p" key to do nothing?

bind index   p noop
bind pager   p noop
bind attach  p noop
bind compose p noop

(My unbinding patch allows you to use "unbind * p" in place of those
four lines; see http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mutt .)

In this case, rather than disabling the 'p' key, I'd suggest:

set print=ask-yes

FTFM:
  6.3.213.  print

  Type: quadoption
  Default: ask-no

  Controls whether or not Mutt asks for confirmation before printing.
  This is useful for people (like me) who accidentally hit ``p'' often.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 University of Chicago > NSIT > VDN > ENSS > ENSA > You are here