Mutt Doesn't Iconv For Replies? (was: Re: Macintosh charset)

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 03:32:05PM +0100, Martin Trautmann wrote:
> On Fri 2003-12-05 (08:52), David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 01:00:43PM +0100, Martin Trautmann wrote:
> >
> > > is there any support for the Macintosh charset within mutt?

> I'll give it a try, add some charset lines to  headers,
> looking at the message body of some formatted message...
>
> ... wow, thanks, this seems to work just perfectly.
> (see samples in latin and mac charsets).

Well, now here's something interesting: when you quote the original
message in a reply, Mutt neglects to convert it to your local $charset.
In my particular case, both were displayed properly in my pager
(converted to UTF), but neither displays properly when it's quoted here
(since the ISO-8859-1 and whateverCharsetMacThingyIs character codes
aren't UTF-compatible).  I wonder whether this is a Mutt bug, or whether
there's just something up with my system. . .

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel