Re: Courier-imapd imap folders and new mail notification

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 03:55:19PM -0200, Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel wrote:
[...]
>         Another strange thing is that if I visit an imap folder (the one for
> which mutt correctly warns me of new mail) and leave the (new) messages
> there intact, mutt no longer reports new messages in that folder, until a
> new one arrives (contrary to what happens in "regular", local folders).
[...]

I'm afraid you are wrong here. At least for me and my "mboxes" it works
exactly the same way. Once I've visited the folder, mutt will never
report new messages in it untill new message really comes. I believe
this is because mutt is checking access-time and modification-time of
the file and not actual presence of "unread" messages. For maildir
structures this might be different since there unread messages are
stored in special directory so mutt can always see them.

Andrei