Courier-imapd imap folders and new mail notification

        Hi!

        I asked about this a few days earlier, but now I think the problem
is clearer.

        I frequently access a couple of external imap mailboxes, which are
not (nor will be) my main mailboxes (therefore, I won't do "set
folder=imaps://.." nor "set spoolfile=imaps://...").

        What I'd like to do is to access them via mutt, with mutt telling me
when there's new mail in them.

        I could do it with one of the imap servers I have an account on, by
simply declaring it with the "mailboxes" command, but not with another,
which runs courier-imapd. I searched the Internet for people with similar
problems and found a few (mutt not reporting new mail in courier-imapd
mailboxes), but no solutions. Mutt simply reports zero messages on the
courier-imapd folder.

        Has anyone come across this? Is this a problem on mutt's or
courier's side?

        Another strange thing is that if I visit an imap folder (the one for
which mutt correctly warns me of new mail) and leave the (new) messages
there intact, mutt no longer reports new messages in that folder, until a
new one arrives (contrary to what happens in "regular", local folders).

        While I'm on the subject, it seems mutt only starts checking imap
folders declared with "mailboxes" once you've visited them once. There
wouldn't be a way to have mutt automatically open them on startup and thus
start checking for new mail on them from the beginning, would it? I mean,
besides "push"ing commands to actually visit them.

        Thanks,

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>