Re: WOT: "Correct" English

G'day David,

Just stirring the pot some more...  :-)

* David Yitzchak Cohen <lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [031123 05:50]:
> > > Grey isn't the correct way to spell the color name?  Oh. . .
> >
> > <http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=grey>  It's either.
>
> Oh, okay ... so it's not some sort of regional thing, I take it?

Nope.  However others have made enough comments about that so I won't
continue.

> I can't seem to find our American Oxford Dictionary, so I can't really

Doesn't that prove my point?  "American" Oxford Dictionary, rather
than Oxford Dictionary.  I've got an Australian English dictionary,
and Oxford even sells an "Australian Oxford Dictionary" -- Woo hoo!

Aside: Bet it's full of words like bonza, grouse and "as snagged as a
wombat's tonker"...  :-)

> follow up authoritatively (since Webster doesn't even claim to be
> authoritative, as we all know - it's always important to read the fine
> print in America, after all).

Damn, can't we sue someone about having to read the small print?
(Similar to the guy who sued McDonald's for making him fat!)

Cheers,

S.