Re: Broken IRT?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:53:51AM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:34:35PM +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:
> > On Wed 19-Nov-2003 at 01:26:57PM +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> > > I haven't noticed that myself, yet.  What's the precise scenario?
> > > Is this specifically with maildir folders?
> > I see it in an IMAP folder.  If I reply to a message, the thread
> > looks like this:
> >    Bruno Postle    1.3K ?->Re: [multikulti] server crashed??
> >    To Bruno Postle 2.9K   `*?-?->
>
> I am using mutt 1.5.4i as installed by Debian, and I also get messages
> threaded with a splat when they arrive in the mailbox currently
> indexed.  They still appear in the right place for the thread, the
> only difference is the '*' in the arrow.

Oh, I don't get them in the right place, either.  They're just tacked onto
the right thread at the top (well, bottom, if you don't reverse-sort),
with that * thingy ... as if trying to tell me "mutthinks this message
belongs somewhere in this thread, dude."  I find it a tad annoying, but
since I'm rarely in thread sort for more than a few minutes at a time
(since my normal browsing mode is reverse-mailbox-order) you won't see
me campaigning for a fix.  There are plenty of far more pressing IMAP
bugs that really need fixing.  (Segfaults after losing the connection
are particularly bugging if you've forgotten to backup.  I guess one
thing that working with IMAP on Mutt teaches you is to never assume
something will just work ... ELM kinda spoiled me, I guess. . .)

> As far as I'm concerned, this behavior is okay with me.  I figure if
> it bugs me enough I can always just reopen the box.  (or as Dave said,
> undo+redo threading display)

I fully agree there, FWIW ;-)

 - Dave

Please visit this link: