IMAP folders don't report new messages (was Re: buffy-cycle doesn't show imap folders?)

On Wed, Nov 19 2003 at 01:23:13PM BRST, Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel
<rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18 2003 at 08:40:46PM BRST, Allister MacLeod <amacleod@xxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> > >         Anyway, the problem is, I put "imaps://.../INBOX" in my
> > > "mailboxes"
> > > configuration, but buffy-cycle completely ignores it, even when there's
> > > new
> > > e-mail there (and when I've just accessed the imap folder and checked the
> > > new message was there).
> > >         I googled a few post of people saying they put the imap folder in
> > > their "mailboxes" configuration and it worked, I don't know if I'm doing
> > > something wrong or if this has been pulled out (maybe a configuration
> > > variable I didn't find?).
> > >         Any thoughts?
> >
> > Well, I've had a sporadic problem of my INBOX showing 0 new messages
> > in the mailboxes view.  I think the reason for this is the way I enter
> > the view on mutt startup.  That is, I have 'push
> > "<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>"' at the end of my .muttrc.
>
>         Yeah, this shows 0 messages in my imap folder as well. But I'm not
> even typing ? after <change-folder>, I'm typing <space> to cycle through
> mailboxes with new mail. Perhaps the cause for both behaviours is the same,
> but I still can't see why mutt doesn't know there's new mail in my imap
> folder, even when it's listed in "mailboxes" and I've just left the imap
> folder with new mail.

        Mutt still doesn't recognize new messages in my imap folder. I tried
using both "imaps://server/INBOX" and "{server/ssl}inbox" formats, I tried
to unset imap_passive (it connects to the server, but doesn't report new
messages), but still nothing. In mailboxes-view it shows "0" messages (even
though at the moment there are 15 messages, one of which is new),
buffy-cycle completely ignores it.

        Any thoughts?

                rbp
--
 Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel                         <rbp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 http://isnomore.net                          GPG KeyId: <0x0DB14978>

Purple: Weren't you banished to Foodcourtia? Shouldn't you be frying something?
Zim: Oh, I quit when I found out about this!
Purple: You quit... Being banished??
          -- Invader Zim