SOLUTION: mutt just stopped displaying thread characters

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 05:48:45 at 05:48:45AM +0100, io (m.fioretti@xxxxxxxxx)
wrote:

> What now? I mean, utf setup does seem to be the problem, not mutt, but
> how to fix it?
>
>From The Red Hat shrike list:

> Remove the .i18n file.  Log out.  Log back in.
>
> At that point, your X session, and by extension your terminal
> emulator, should be using a UTF-8 locale.  When you launch mutt, it
> should also be using a UTF-8 locale.  It should print the correct
> "thread" characters.

YES! That does it!

Ciao, and thanks to all who helped

        Marco Fioretti
        (now calling the doctor for some memory pills, to remember
        *why* did he screw up that file...)

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Don't think that a small group of dedicated individuals can't change
the world. it's the only thing that ever has.  (read on /.)