Re: mutt just stopped displaying thread characters

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 01:59:32 at 01:59:32AM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen
(lists+mutt_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> What do you have charset set to in your Mutt config?

No explicit setting, either in ~/.muttrc or in /etc/Muttrc

> Also, are you sure your UTF is setup correctly for other things?

Good question. Somebody on the Red Hat list asked me to check i18n,
and I found:

[marco@polaris marco]$ more /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
[marco@polaris marco]$ more ~/.i18n
LANG=en_US

I also found out that ~/.i18n had a change date more or less
corresponding to when this mess started. Unfortunately I can't
remember to have changed it myself, or why. Hence, I have no backup,
or clue as to its previous content, or existence, for that matter.
For the record, changing ~/.i18n to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 makes mutt display
cirumflex lowercase "a" in place of expected dash character "-"

What now? I mean, utf setup does seem to be the problem, not mutt, but
how to fix it?

> > LS_COLORS= [snipped]
>
> LOL ... why?  Are you afraid that somebody here will steal your
> secret color recipe?

Of course. I have invented a whole new bunch of colors, and patented
them. Real soon now, you'll all be forced to go monochromatic or make
me stinking rich, BUWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I snipped to make the message as short as possible, since that setting
is long and not relevant (it couldn't possibly be, right?)

Ciao,
        Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Sometimes when you fill a vacuum, it still sucks.
          -- Bill Joy, founder of Sun Microsystems