Re: mutt just stopped displaying thread characters

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 06:43:24AM +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:

> > Starting yesterday, and with LANG=en_US, mutt stopped displaying the
> > "-" characters used to display threads. Before I had in the index:
> >
> > some subject
> >  ---------> a reply to it
> > Now I have:
> >
> > some subject
> >            > a reply to it
> >
> 1) mutt 1.4i inside xterm on Red Hat 9
> 2) Setting LANG=en_US.UTF-8 substitutes the "-", now disappeared
>    character with an "a" with a "^" over it (sorry, can't remember its
>    name)

What do you have charset set to in your Mutt config?

Also, are you sure your UTF is setup correctly for other things?
Try going to unicode.org with an iconv-compatible web browser, say w3m.
If stuff there doesn't show up properly, your UTF setup itself is all
screwy, and we need to look there before looking at Mutt.

> LS_COLORS= [snipped]

LOL ... why?  Are you afraid that somebody here will steal your secret
color recipe? ;-P

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel