Re: Headers rewriting problem

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 08:55:16PM +0100, Alain Bench wrote:

>  On Thursday, November 6, 2003 at 6:34:44 PM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:02:32PM +0100, Alain Bench wrote:
> >> you use es_ES.UTF-8 without having it installed.
> > $ locale --all-locales | grep ^es_ES
> > es_ES.utf8
>
>     Good. I know I said case matters, but there is a progressive munging
> system in libc where a step is just that. For cleanness and less failed
> open() you may want to use "es_ES.utf8" for LANG and $locale, though.

Well, I read somewhere that UTF-8 is the most portable way to specify
UTF encoding, so if it works on my system I'd rather keep it.

>     BTW those locales are original Slackware, or recently built by you
> thru localedef(8)?

Practically nothing is original Slackware anymore here.  I've upgraded
my glibc from sources twice now, and installed all locales from the
build process each time.

My configure command-line isn't terribly interesting, either.  I do
--prefix=/usr and --enable-addons=linuxthreads, and I don't recall any
other options off-hand.  (Of course, I seem to have lost my build script,
but I can reconstruct it in a few minutes by rereading the output of
configure --help, if you want me to.)

> >> Was the invalid byte raw in sent folder, on sent folder display, or
> >> the copy/paste generated it?
>
>     Please copy both mails to a temporary mailbox, gzip it, and send it
> to me privately attached. The two are, from your outbox:

Okay ... in a separate email, will do :-)

> | #Send in 7-bit, if possible; if not, UTF, and if not (i.e., never), Latin
> 8859s:
> | set send_charset="us-ascii:utf-8:iso-8859-1:iso-8859-15"
> > I purposely changed it to UTF, in order to encourage its use.
>
>     Humm... People with UTF aware mailers (vast majority) will not
> notice anything. People with old systems or old mailers unable to see
> UTF will just be annoyed, perhaps thinking bad things about you, Mutt or
> F(ine) UTF.

Hmm ... maybe I should swap in a pro-UTF signature line when I send
UTF email?

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel