Re: Add banner to messages sent to Bcc'ed recipients?

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 10:35:42AM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:

> One of the problems with this is that if you send a different message
> body to the "bcc'd recipients", it /isn't/ a bcc'd message copy --
> it's an entirely different message, and mutt would have to queue it
> separately.

That's right, it'd be an entirely different message, queued separately.
And that's fine with me, I don't see this as a problem.

> I think if you have to worry about your blind copy recipients replying
> to the wrong people, you shouldn't by sending them blind copies of
> those messages.

I trust the people I send blind copies of my messages, and most of the
times, they are also very experienced users. It is just that people make
mistakes. This is not a matter of worrying about the trustworthiness of
people you Bcc, it's about preventing mistakes.

When I can't risk people making mistakes because the damage would be too
extensive or irreparable I send the original message to the non-Bcc'ed
people and then I forward the e-mail to the people I want to Bcc. But
this extra work, and I just wondered if there is a way of having Mutt
make this easier.

Eloy.-