Re: international support for subjects

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:29:18AM +0200, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
> > > body of email.  But I noticed that in the index the subjects are not
> > > shown properly if they contain national characters. I guess that when
> >
> > I think the Japanese version handles this:
> >    http://www.emaillab.org/mutt/index.html
>
> I wish I could also handle Japanese. Though maybe one day... :)

Probably enough English for people with some Unix knowledge to set it
up.  Maybe try this page:
   http://www.emaillab.org/mutt/1.5/doc/INSTALL.JA-PATCH.ja.html

Basically just have pre-installed S-Lang and libiconv.  Apply the
Japanese patch.  Then compile.

It's a shame some of the general charset handling features couldn't be
incorporated into the mainstream code base.

*Someday* I hope to get the time to write up an English page.  Maybe
there is one somewhere already?  Alain, if you're listening in, do
you have the time to give some quick pointers?

Sorry, I'm caught at a bad time (lot's of work pressure).

henry