Re: new mutt advice

Payal --

...and then Payal Rathod said...
%
% Hi,
% I have just downloaded and installed Mutt 1.5.1i (2002-05-02) from
% tarball.

Any reason not to get 1.5.4 which fixes a buffer overflow problem?  Surf
over to

  http://mutt.org/

for more info.

%
% I need advice on whether the following options are sufficent.
%
% ./configure --enable-pop --enable-imap --with-ssl --disable-smime
%  make
%  make install

It all depends on what you want to do :-)

%
% Do I need something else? Till now I had always used from Mdk. rpms and
% they worked well for me.
% I basically need new mutt so that I can extract gpg/pgp keys from messages
% by using Ctrl-K. My previous mutt 1.4i didn't do it. Now this one also
% does not do anything when I press ctrl-k or ctrl-K, no even an error
% message. What am I missing?

Well, I don't see any pgp in your configure string, so that's a start.
It looks like configure couldn't find your pgp/gpg to include it, either.

You should go into your mutt source tree (preferably after pulling down a
new tarball) and run

  ./configure --help | less

and see what options are available to you.  The most interesting ones, in
your case, will probably be in the bottom section.  Then you also need to
make sure that mutt can find the partner pieces that it will be building
in.

Back when I was able to spend much more time building mutt (yes, I need
to upgrade, too) I used

  #!/bin/sh
  #set -x       ###

  # test build?
  [ "$1" = "-t" ] && PREFIX=/home/davidtg/local || PREFIX=/usr/local

  /usr/bin/env GPG=/usr/local/bin/gpg ./configure --with-homespool=Mailbox
--prefix=$PREFIX --enable-compressed --enable-imap --enable-pop
--enable-external-dotlock --enable-debug

for my builds as part of a larger script.  These days I'd take out POP
support, actually, since I never, ever used it -- but your mileage may
vary :-)

%
% With warm regards,
% -Payal
% p.s. please reply to list as my email is having problems. It would be
% great if you can BCC me as well.

Here ya go :-)

HTH & HAND

:-D