Re: patches

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 11:38:41PM +0200, René Clerc wrote:

 >> The thing is, it is said from time to time that one can
 >> get this or that feature in mutt by applying some patch,
 >> but is there a count, a list, or something to get the
 >> popular patches merged? Or is it just whatever the
 >> developers fancy?
 > Yeah, but if there is consensus for a patch, and the code
 > is clean, Thomas might add it to the CVS.

How can one tell if theres consensus?

Some patches are widely used and seem to work flawlessly
like many of Cedric Duvals Patches (e.g. the very useful
trash/purge folder and edit folder patches).

I find it quite annoying to patch every new version of mutt
with all these useful patches und resolve all those rejects
manually.

Lars

PS: my favourite patches:

patch-1.3.28.ats.mark_old.1