Re: Make unread the same as new

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 11:22:22PM +0900, Derek Martin wrote:
> Then you're practically admitting that an alternative should be
> available.  I think the only /reliable/ alternative involves parsing
> each message.  You could, however, cache message information (i.e.
> file offsets of each message, start and end of headers, etc.) to make
> such things much faster...  I imagine that mutt would benefit greatly
> from such a cache in other ways too.

Could you elaborate on the ways mutt would benefit from having such a
cache?  I agree that some sort of cached information could definitely
help mutt do things faster, even without compromising its
reliability.  I'm just curious to see what ideas you have about what
information would be useful to cache, and what benefits could be
gained.

Interested,
 Allister