Re: New marking for Inbox

Ok.. now I'm getting some very strange behavior from mutt.  When I
start up with the -y commandline argument, it shows all boxes as
having no new messages (a "0" because they are IMAP boxes).  If I
subsequently go back to the mailboxes view with
"<change-folder>?<toggle-mailboxes>", it shows new messages in my
extra mailboxes, but not in any box that I've viewed in between.

So, if I do have new mail in my inbox, and I start up with 'mutt -y',
the first mailbox view does not show any new messages.  If, and only
if, I select some box _other_ than my inbox, I get a little message on
the bottom line saying something like "new mail in INBOX," and
subsequent mailbox views show new messages properly in the browser.

I'm using mutt 1.5.4i with Tudor Bosman's imap_headercache patch.
My mailboxes are local Maildirs that I use via IMAP.

I looked in the maildirs and they had the messages in the new/
directory _before_ I started up mutt.  Once marked as "old" their
filenames were suffixed, as expected, with a ",S" in the maildir.
Once read, they were moved to the cur/ directory, also as expected.

Maybe a perusal of the source code is in order, but if anyone knows
already what could be causing this behavior, please let me know.  I'm
not sure if my current problem is related to Aaron's or not: it sounds
like he's able to see new messages in non-inbox folders right from the
start with 'mutt -y'.  Anyway, anybody please help if you can :-)

Thanks,
 Allister