Re: New marking for Inbox

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:17:45PM -0400, Aaron wrote:
> I have the following line (approximately) in my .muttrc
> mailboxes =inbox =work =mutt-user =debian-user =vim-user
> When I start mutt with `mutt -y` I get the list of incoming mailboxes,
> that's fine, and there's an `N` marker for boxes that have new mail in
> them. Except that my inbox NEVER has a new marker. Only the other
> boxes... Even when there's new mail in it.
> Why do you think that is?

Mmm.. could be that some other program is updating the accessed-time
value in the filesystem.  I have read that Maildirs are especially
prone to this.  Something about mutt determining whether there are new
messages by comparing last-modified and last-accessed dates for the
folder.  Maybe you could get around it by having procmail or something
move all mails from "inbox" to something else which might not get
scanned by other programs.

Cheers,
 Allister