Re: NFS mailbox locking problems

Re: Re: NFS mailbox locking problems [Andrew Cheadle <amc4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tue,
Sep 30, 2003 at 01:34:10PM +0100,
<Pine.LNX.4.58.0309301331460.29432@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>]
> Hi, Thanks for the response. I think my setup is as you suggest.
> My mbox is in my home directory which is itself NFS mounted. I poll for
> pop mail from mutt using 'G'. I'm an NIS / remote user, not a local one!

I wasn't clear here; don't mix up the folder format named "mbox" with
the file "mbox" which contains mail (in mbox format). If the locking
problem prevails, turn locking off with the compile time option you
already saw and take care that no two programs write to the same folder
at the same time. Using 'G' is fine.

You could also use the "maildir" folder format which doesn't need
locking.

Christoph
--
Christoph Berg <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, http://www.df7cb.de/
Wohnheim D, 2405, Universität des Saarlandes, 0681/9657944