Re: Setting Mutt exit code

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 04:56:41PM +0900, Derek Martin wrote:

> So, why not just write a script which spits out the appropriate mutt
> syntax to name those mailboxes, like this:

This requires the use of a temporary file.

> I'm not really clear on what sort of problem you're trying to solve,
> so I'm not sure how helpful this would be...

I've got a command which can quickly list my 400+ maildir folders,
depending on various criteria (mailbox name matches a regexp, mailbox
contains flagged messages, unread mail).  Another mode invokes mutt
repeatedly for different mailboxes, sorting the mailboxes by their
priority.  This means that there is a single command "show me
high-priority mail".  But my tool doesn't really know when to stop, so
I have to tell it at some point that I don't consider the following
mailboxes high-priority right now.